
The generous folks at Penguin get in touch to offer five free copies of Nicci French’s
COMPLICIT, the latest novel from best-selling writing partnership Nicci Gerrard and Sean French, and which is released in paperback on March 17. First, the blurb elves:
Who is more deadly? An enemy? A friend? Or a lover? Bonnie Graham is in her friend’s flat. She is alone, except for the dead body lying in a pool of blood. What happened? What will she do? And is any or all of it her fault? Bonnie is a music teacher who has spent a long, hot summer in London rehearsing with a band. It was supposed to be fun, but the tricky knots of the band’s friendships unravel with each passing day. What was meant to be a summer of happiness, music and love turns deadly as lovers betray, passions turn homicidal and friendship itself becomes a crime. Someone in the band must be a killer. Is it Bonnie? And if not – who is it?
Sounds like a belter. To be in with a chance of winning a copy,
just answer the following:
Name one other writing partnership, and recommend one of their novels.
Answers via the comment box below, please, leaving a contact email address (using (at) rather than @ to confound the spam monkeys) before the closing date of noon, Friday 25th February. Et bon chance, mes amis …
Michael Stanley (Michael Sears and Stanlet Trollip) and the book would be Famous Dubliners
ReplyDeleterecarraher (at) comcast.net
Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo - the Martin Beck series. Any will do but Roseanna is the first.
ReplyDeleteDon't send me Complicit though as I've already read it (and reviewed it for Euro Crime)! I hope whoever is lucky enough to win it enjoys it.
P.J.Tracy (mother and daughter P.J and Traci Lambrecht) - Want to Play (and others in series).
ReplyDeletemilkfloatquack (at) hotmail dot com
Anders roslund and Borge Hellstrom - Three Seconds. I'm reading this now and loving it.
ReplyDeletemom22kids9802 (at) yahoo.com
Fortunately my current ban on buying books doesn´t say a word about winning them ;D
ReplyDeleteAlexander and Alexandra Ahndoril - the Swedish couple behind the pen name "Lars Kepler", "The Hypnotist" - fast-paced thriller on its way to English readers righ now.
do.hu.ja (at) mail.tele.dk
Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo - all their books are great but I recommend The Laughing Policeman for the great last line.
ReplyDeletePJ Parrish is two sisters Kristy Montee and Kelly Nichols - The Little Death was good solid read with a somewhat shocking ending.
ReplyDelete--Keishon
Raymond E Feist and Janny Wurts was the first example of a writing partnership that I came across many years ago.
ReplyDeleteI loved the Midkemia books - Daughter of the Empire included.
Fiona
Writing partners-Ken Bruen and Jason Starr
ReplyDeleteRecommended novel- Bust
email- lightbeeraintbeer(at)gmail.com
Dick Francis and Felix Francis, "Dead Heat" -- a very nice torch-passing from father to son
ReplyDeleterick at ollerman dot com
A Lonely Death by Charles Todd, a mother and son writing team (Caroline and Charles Todd)
ReplyDeleteI can only think of the greats Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo, as others have mentioned.
ReplyDeleteAm reading "The Fire Engine that Disappeared," and finding it perfection--if a book can be characterized that way.
I will be sad to turn the last page soon.
Roslund and Hellstrom
ReplyDeleteThree Seconds
jamyers1948(at)yahoo,com
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI missed the deadline (bit of stomach distress that doesn't need explaining) but I don't want to pass up adding a collaboration that I discovered thanks to Declan — Ellis O'Hanlon and Ian McConnel writing as Ingrid Black. I've enjoyed the three I've read in the Saxon series. The first I read was Judas Heart which is third in the series and I certainly recommend it. Or you can start with the first which is The Dead.
ReplyDelete