“Burke shows again that he’s not just a comic genius, but also a fine dramatic writer and storyteller.” – Booklist. “Prose both scabrous and poetic.” – Publishers Weekly. “Proust meets Chandler over a pint of Guinness.” – Spectator. “Among the most memorable books of the year, of any genre.” – Sunday Times. “A hardboiled delight.” – Guardian. “Imagine Donald Westlake and Richard Stark collaborating on a screwball noir.” – Kirkus Reviews. “A cross between Raymond Chandler and Flann O’Brien.” – John Banville.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Island Life



Yet again I need to apologise for the disruption in normal service, but I’ve been rather busy in the last week or so polishing up the latest tome, aka CRIME ALWAYS PAYS – and great fun it is too, not least because at this point the characters (most of the reprobates from THE BIG O) have fetched up on the Greek island of Ios. So I get to spend a couple of hours per day on the island – that’s the port pictured above – which is bringing back all kinds of good memories. Anyway, bear with me and I’ll be back to you with the usual flummery soon …

5 comments:

seana graham said...

Yeah, keep putting up those Greek Island pictures. We'll manage...

Declan Burke said...

I spent about two minutes looking at that picture yesterday, Seana, and 20 minutes on-line trying to find a quick holiday deal in the islands ... way too much temptation.

Louise said...

My son-in-law comes from Crete, a small village called Mohos in the mountains. Those mountains are dangerous - Great place for a crime novel, especially if you're a hunter!

Declan Burke said...

Very interesting, Louise - my next book is set on Crete. I might have to meet this man ...

Louise said...

No bother Declan!