“Prose both scabrous and poetic.” – Publishers Weekly. “Proust meets Chandler over a pint of Guinness.” – Spectator. “A sheer pleasure.” – Tana French. “Among the most memorable books of the year, of any genre.” – Sunday Times. “A hardboiled delight.” – Guardian. “Imagine Donald Westlake and Richard Stark collaborating on a screwball noir.” – Kirkus Reviews. “A cross between Raymond Chandler and Flann O’Brien.” – John Banville. “The effortless cool of Elmore Leonard at his peak.” – Ray Banks. “A fine writer at the top of his game.” – Lee Child.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fixed, Like A Chicken Bone

5 comments:

bookwitch said...

OK, I give in. If someone leaves a comment here, will you please write something else? If only to tell me to get lost.

I used to quite like this song. I'm old enough to remember it from all those years ago. You're not, I'd have thought. We even had a Swedish sound-alike to Melanie.

What's it got to do with CAP, though?

Oh, and Merry Christmas to the elves.

Bill H said...

I've been wondering if Dec posted this as some kind of message to us. I hope not... the song has kind of a sad message in it.

Dec, it has been awhile since you have posted on the blog. Hope all is well with you and your family. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Also... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to bookwitch and all the other readers of this blog.

Bill H

bookwitch said...

I suspect Dec's scarpered. Or maybe he's just busy building toys for Princess L, which would be the right thing to do.

seana said...

Oh, I can't leave p. Sangeetha with the last word, especially since I suspect he/she is, uh, not actually a human being. And might lead you astray.

I do understand that the blog may be too much, but thought I would post somewhere that I have been thinking over the last week or so how much I miss seeing it. That's not necessarily a reason for you to resume it, but you should at least know that your presence is missed .

bookwitch said...

We all call in now and then. No pressure, however.