1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.
1. The Grand Viz is currently reading THE DALKEY ARCHIVES by the greatest living / dead / yet-to-come Irish writer, Flann O’Brien (see below).
2. The sixth, seventh and eighth sentences runneth thusly:
“The lamplight was soft, agreeable, restful as gaslight, but suddenly he thought he heard a voice say something in a tone that made him start. Beyond a partition on the customers’ side he saw another man serving within the counter further up the shop. He was oldish, thin, slightly stooped, and he wore glasses.”Now for the juicy part – we’re tagging the Book Witch, J. Kingston Pierce, Maxine Clarke, Crimefic Reader and Peter Rozovsky. Sorry, folks ...
(A slight cheat: the next three sentences runneth thusly: “Thick grey hair was brushed back from the forehead. Mick’s heart began to thunder. Sweet God, had he found James Joyce?”)